As I prepared for my last set of final exams and term papers my father, drummer in the band The Procrastinators, wrote a killer guest post. He’s the reason I know all the best guitarists of the ’60s and ’70s, and one of the coolest Dad’s out there. His CD collection takes up at least three dresser drawers (be jealous).
Hope you all enjoy!
Hello fellow BSPers,
Bailey is away this week dealing with exams, psyching her crew up for summertime and, generally, spanning the emotional spectrum from joy exalted to the blues. I am honored that she requested me to provide a top ten song list in her absence. I thought about what got me through studies and exams back when vinyl was King. Usually it was a mixture of old blues and new blues; so, here are my top ten blues from days of yore and a quote from someone much smarter than me.
- Hellhound on my Trail -Robert Johnson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVgH9JqSnQ
- Red House -Jimi Hendrix
- At Last -Etta James
- Feels Like Rain -Buddy Guy
- Dust My Broom -Elmore James
- Still Got The Blues -Gary Moore
- Bell Bottom Blues -Derek and the Dominos
- Whipping Post -Allman Brothers
- Summertime -Big Brother and the Holding Company (ft. Janis Joplin)
- The Thrill is Gone -BB King
“We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.” Aristotle