2019 was a wild year for me. I applied to law schools, accepted a full scholarship to Mercer, graduated from the University of Georgia, had an internship with the UGA Performing Arts Center, mentored a group of freshmen, gave tours of my favorite school, traveled out of the country, moved to Macon, and started my fall semester at law school.
I am so thankful for all the opportunities 2019 brought me. From new friends to new experiences, I’ve learned a lot about the world and about myself. Here I am, ready to do it all again.
I set some small goals for myself in 2019: go to law school, read 15 books, run a 10k, do yoga every week, learn to meditate, etc. I didn’t meet all of them. I still haven’t run in an official 10k race, and I haven’t done yoga since the summer. Life happens, ya know?
This year I’m setting some new goals, similar to the wishlist I wrote about in my 23rd birthday post. Here’s what I want to do in 2020:
- Getting onto Law Review at Mercer
- Get into the top 25% of my class
- Trying out for mock trial
- Finish the novel I started writing ages ago
- Buy one piece of art from a local artist to hang in my house
- Fill up three journals
- Learn how to needlepoint (or some other artsy thing I haven’t done before!)
- Take a pottery class
- Run in a 10k race
What do you want to do in 2020?